Saturday, January 30, 2010

what shall I call today? wonderful? :)

"Getting an inch of snow is like winning 10 cents in the lottery."
Bill Watterson

Today was bitter cold and I, the little hibernating squirrel in the mix, was out in it for 90% of the time. Luckily, that was the worst thing about today. The best thing had to be... the rest. Me and my beloved took wonderful pictures today out by the white river with beautiful clean snow and ice falling all around us. He has the most wonderful mind I have ever run into and when he puts it to good use we have days like today. No fighting, Of coarse i was being me and had to be a bit whiny during some parts but I learned to stop being the devil's advocate and enjoy the little things. There is nothing like learning with someone you love to be around, or relaxing and just watching nature run its path and not finding it boring. I looked at him a lot today when he was distracted taking pictures or wondering off or trying to get some creatures attention, and once again (it never fails) I saw his beauty every bit of it. I still cant figure out what goes on in his head or what he really thinks of me but i didn't let that bother me today. Today I truly enjoyed the little things. At one point the little thing I was enjoying was throwing a big stick at an ice covered pond just to see how frozen it really was. Of coarse i wasn't supposed to be doing that, I was supposed to be sitting still so that my love could get a focus on the picture he was planning on taking. However, The picture turned out absolutely enjoyable with him sliding next to me before the flash and me laughing trying to grab him. I know, now I am babbling about some of my personal engagements, but i just wanted to let everyone know, love is life for me and its to short to pass up tiny details like having a truly good day with your favorite person.

1 comment: